Social Services Coordinator
Better Tomorrows is a non-profit organization whose mission is supporting lives and empowering communities to over 25,000 low-income residents across the country so they can thrive. We are seeking an empowered and empowering Social Services Coordinator to join our team. Candidates should note that this position will begin as part-time and is expected to transition to a full-time position in September 2018.
1. Implement on-site programs and services aimed at promoting Better Tomorrows four- core focus areas: Healthy living, educational success, economic stability, and community strengthening
-Adult education programs
-Job Readiness programs, food banks, and financial literacy to promote economic stability and self-sufficiency
-Health and wellness programs and seminars to promote physical and mental health and general well-being
-Community-wide events and neighborhood watch focused on developing safe and strong communities
-Additional programs and services based on community needs
2. Conduct one-on-one case management services to support residents of the community
-Support residents in setting and achieving goals and link residents to appropriate community
3. Input data daily to track case management progress, demographic information, and program outcomes
4. Provide great customer service to all residents, partners, and the community
5. Engage and manage volunteers
6. Establish and maintain relationships with community partners
· Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of experience in social service field including a minimum of 2 years case management or similar experience in a human services setting
· Experience providing supportive services to individuals who have experienced trauma
· Experience working with people experiencing mental health issues, chemical health issues and homelessness
· Knowledge of community resources for adults who have experienced homelessness
· Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, and inter-personal skills
· Ability to work independently without day-to-day in-person supervision
· Experience pro-actively connect and engage resident participation in programs and services
· Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and other computer software database programs
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
· Lifting 25 pounds
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to
Pre-employment checks are required before employment can begin.
Better Tomorrows is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.