Family and Youth Services
Better Tomorrows is a non-profit organization where staff excels in moving this organization towards its goal of supporting lives and empowering communities to over 25,000 low-income residents of affordable housing in 120 communities across the country. Our mission and vision state we are committed as a team to provide quality support and outcomes to those we serve so they can be empowered to THRIVE.
We are looking for the next great Better Tomorrows team member who will contribute his/her skills and dreams towards making someone’s life that much richer through our core programming of healthy lifestyles, economic stability, educational success, and strong communities. Are we looking for you?
This position is located within a privately owned affordable housing development for families. The position includes planning and implementing programs for the residents of the community, assisting residents with entitlement programs, case management, referrals to social services agencies, daily use of a data-base management system, and limited fund development.
The applicant should maintain a working understanding of the local social services agencies and resources available. This position requires a candidate that can successfully implement impactful programs and case management services for the community. The applicant should maintain a working understanding of the local social services agencies and resources available, be self-motivated and have creative problem solving skills. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
1. To facilitate services that will positively enhance the quality of life for affordable housing residents and neighboring community members.
2. To implement programs and services aimed at promoting Better Tomorrows four- core focus areas: Healthy living, educational success, economic stability, and community strengthening.
3. To facilitate an environment which promotes cultural appreciation and a commitment to diversity.
4. To facilitate resident involvement and enhance a safe and positive living environment including the coordination of activities and services that will prevent and reduce vandalism, crime and illegal activity within the complex and surrounding community.
1. Facilitate/implement the following programs, activities and social services for children and adults utilizing community resources and agencies:
-Out-of-School Time, GED Preparation, and other resident education programs focused on educational achievement and engagement
-Job Readiness programs, food banks, and financial literacy to promote economic stability and self-sufficiency
-Health and wellness programs and seminars to promote physical and mental health and general well-being
-Neighborhood watch and community-wide events focused on developing safe and strong communities
-Additional programs and services based on community needs
2. Facilitate educational programs for children and adults utilizing community resources and agencies- including planning and teaching curriculum.
3. Create service goals and plans with residents and support residents to achieve those goals while monitoring progress.
4. Develop and utilize resource files for making referrals for residents in need of specific services. To provide follow-up when referrals are made.
5. Daily use of data system to track case management progress, demographic information, and program outcomes.
6. Publish monthly community newsletter and calendar.
7. Provide technical assistance to resident associations.
9. Limited Fund development to supplement programs though grants, donations and partnerships.
10. Provide great customer service to partner property management company including assisting with helping residents comply with lease requirements.
11. Engage volunteers and community partners.
12. All other responsibilities deemed necessary by Better Tomorrows manager.
Required experience, skills, and experience:
· 4 year degree or 10 years of experience in social service field.
· Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and other computer software database programs.
· Fund Development experience preferred.
13. Must be fluent in both English and Spanish.
Pre-employment checks are required before employment can begin.
Better Tomorrows is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
To apply please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
At first glance, John Gajweski, a resident of Better Tomorrows’ Park Plaza community in Tuckerton,...
In 1989, the foundation for Better Tomorrows was laid when affordable housing manager, Jackie...