Social Services Coordinator
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
This position is located within a privately owned affordable housing development for families. The position includes planning and implementing programs for the residents of the community, assisting residents with entitlement programs, case management, referrals to social services agencies, daily use of a data-base management system, and limited fund development.
The applicant should maintain a working understanding of the local social services agencies and resources available. This position requires a candidate that can successfully implement impactful programs and case management services for the community. The applicant should maintain a working understanding of the local social services agencies and resources available, be self-motivated and have creative problem solving skills. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
1. To facilitate services that will positively enhance the quality of life for affordable housing residents and neighboring community members.
2. To implement programs and services aimed at promoting Better Tomorrows four- core focus areas: Healthy living, educational success, economic stability, and community strengthening.
3. To facilitate an environment which promotes cultural appreciation and a commitment to diversity.
4. To facilitate resident involvement and enhance a safe and positive living environment including the coordination of activities and services that will prevent and reduce vandalism, crime and illegal activity within the complex and surrounding community.
1. Facilitate/implement the following programs, activities and social services for children and adults utilizing community resources and agencies:
-Out-of-School Time, GED Preparation, and other resident education programs focused on educational achievement and engagement
-Job Readiness programs, food banks, and financial literacy to promote economic stability and self-sufficiency
-Health and wellness programs and seminars to promote physical and mental health and general well-being
-Neighborhood watch and community-wide events focused on developing safe and strong communities
-Facilitate training sessions for enrolled participants using the prescribed teaching curriculum, which includes Microsoft Suite, Internet basics, typing program, E-mail and other appropriate software programs
-Additional programs and services based on community needs
2. Facilitate educational programs for children and adults utilizing community resources and agencies- including planning and teaching curriculum.
3. Create service goals and plans with residents and support residents to achieve those goals while monitoring progress.
4. Develop and utilize resource files for making referrals for residents in need of specific services. To provide follow-up when referrals are made.
5. Daily use of data system to track case management progress, demographic information, and program outcomes.
6. Publish monthly community newsletter and calendar.
7. Provide technical assistance to resident associations.
9. Limited Fund development to supplement programs though grants, donations and partnerships.
10. Provide great customer service to partner property management company including assisting with helping residents comply with lease requirements.
11. Engage volunteers and community partners.
12. Manage the upkeep of the garden (plant, water, weed, harvest for 3 seasons) by engaging volunteers and community partners.
13. All other responsibilities deemed necessary by Better Tomorrows manager.
Required experience, skills, and experience:
* MSW required. Some teaching experience required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and other computer software database programs.
* Fund Development experience preferred.
To apply please send cover letter with salary requirement and resume to:
Pre-employment checks are required before employment can begin.
Better Tomorrows is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.