Better Tomorrows is a non-profit organization whose mission is supporting lives and empowering communities to over 25,000 low-income residents across the country so they can thrive.
1. Be part of a collaborative team that implements on-site programs and services aimed at promoting Better Tomorrows four- core focus areas: Healthy living, educational success, economic stability, and community strengthening
-After-school and Summer Enrichment as well as adult education programs including classroom instruction
-Support job Readiness programs, food banks, and financial literacy to promote economic stability and self-sufficiency
-Support health and wellness programs and seminars to promote physical and mental health and general well-being
- Assist with community-wide events and neighborhood watch focused on developing safe and strong communities
-Additional programs and services based on community needs
2. Engage and manage volunteers
3. Collaborate with other Better Tomorrows staff to utilize community resources as additional support
4. Input data daily to track case management progress, demographic information, and program outcomes
5. Provide great customer service to all residents, partners, and the community
6. Maintain community partners
· Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience or 7 years of experience in social service or computer training field
· Experience training students in Microsoft office suite and other computer software database programs
· Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, and inter-personal skills
· Ability to work independently without day-to-day in-person supervision
· Experience pro-actively connect and engage resident participation in programs and services
· Lifting 25 pounds
Pre-employment checks are required before employment can begin.
Better Tomorrows is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: