Social Service Coordinator
1. Social Service Coordinator champions the vision and drives services delivery at a large affordable housing property serving seniors, families and youth by ensuring programs meet the needs and interests of residents.
2. Manages all facets of programming and services working collaboratively with all stakeholders within the community.
3. Implement on-site programs and services, as examples:
● After-school and Summer Enrichment as well as adult education programs
● Job Readiness programs, food banks, computer literacy and financial literacy to promote economic stability and self-sufficiency
● Health and wellness programs and workshops to promote physical and mental health and general well being
● Community-wide events focused on developing safe and strong communities
● Additional programs and services based on community needs and resident feedback
4. Conduct one-on-one case management services to support residents of the community
5. Leverage, nurture and cultivate key community partnerships to forge new and/or stronger partnerships to maximize available programs and services for residents at Courtyard.
6. Input data daily to track case management progress, demographic information, and program outcomes
7. Puts customer service first; ensures that residents, partners, and the community receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the unique needs of this community.
8. Monitor and collect feedback related to resident needs
9. Oversee the volunteer program, responsible for recruiting, engaging and managing volunteers
10. Participate in routine onsite partner meetings
11. Performs all other duties as requested.
● 5 years of experience in social service field. Some college preferred.
● Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, and inter-personal skills
● Familiarity with the social services resources within Philadelphia
● Knowledge of affordable housing a plus
● Experience with and continued interest in direct service delivery
● Ability to work independently without day-to-day in-person supervision
● Experience in pro-actively connecting and engaging resident participation in programs and services
● Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, google apps and other computer software database programs
● Lifting 25 pounds
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Pre-employment checks are required before employment can begin.
Better Tomorrows is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) recently announced that it...
AUGUST 21, 2018 | BETTER TOMORROWS: AmeriCorps have been serving our residents at Charter Arms,...