Social Services Coordinator
Villages of Westhaven
Better Tomorrows is a mission-focused organization working to alleviate poverty and provide programs, supportive services, and case management to over 26,000 low-income residents of affordable housing in 100 communities across the country. Our mission is to help individuals and communities thrive. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, results-driven individual to join our growing team and fast-paced environment focused on making an impact in people’s lives.
* Provides orientation to new residents. Reviews community policies and procedures related to lease compliance and reviews house rules.
* Interviews new and renewing residents to identify their interests; obtains information on strengths and barriers to achievement of educational advancement and economic self-sufficiency.
* Actively promotes the use of community resources and educational opportunities. Encourages, and in some cases initiates referrals to contract providers and outside agencies
* Facilitate/implement the following programs, activities and social services for children and adults utilizing community resources and agencies
* Out-of-School time, GED preparation, and other resident educational programs focused on educational achievement and engagement
* Job readiness programs, food banks, and financial literacy to promote economic stability and self-sufficiency
* Health and wellness programs and seminars to promote physical and mental health and general well-being
* Maintains a list of households at risk for non-lease compliance; works with property management and case managers to identify specific action plans.
* Works directly with high risk residents, within the home if necessary, to assess progress on stated goals; updates property management of household progress on a weekly basis.
* Participates in meetings to discuss and monitor resident progress in lease compliance and self sufficiency
* Supports residents who are victims of crime on the property. Encourages reporting to authorities and coordinates the exchange of information.
* Create service goals and plans with residents and support residents to achieve those goals while monitoring progress
* Actively promotes programs offered by CHA and its contracted CSS providers and assists in recruiting residents for participation.
* Develop and utilize resources files for making referrals for residents in need of specific services. To provide follow-up referrals are made
* Coordinate or facilitate neighborhood watch and community-wide events focused on developing safe and strong communities, additional programs and services based on community needs
* Documents community activities and events. Produces written summaries and photos with obtained consents that record events; provides information to owners, managers, agencies and residents through email communication, newsletters and special mailings.
Community Links to Stakeholders
* Attends security meetings, area beat meetings and CAPs meetings
* Attend Relocation meetings
* Cultivate new relationships with various community-based organizations, educational institutions, faith-based institutions and political affiliates
· Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of experience in social service field
· Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, and inter-personal skills
· Ability to work independently without day-to-day in-person supervision
* Experience pro-actively connect and engage resident participation in programs and services
· Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and other computer software database programs
· Lifting 25 pounds
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Pre-employment checks are required before employment can begin.
Better Tomorrows is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) recently announced that it...
AUGUST 21, 2018 | BETTER TOMORROWS: AmeriCorps have been serving our residents at Charter Arms,...